Montana Fly Fishing Guides, Trips and Lodges
Why choose Montana Angler for your fly fishing vacation?
1) Our staff is composed of well educated, passionate and patient professionals. Great fishing guides are the most important ingredient to an exceptional trip!
2) We work with the regions top fly fishing lodges, hotels, and vacation rentals to help you build the perfect trip. Whether you are planning a single day outing
or a week long fly fishing vacation, we will work hard to custom design a package that matches your budget, experience level and fishing preferences.
3) We religiously scout new water and pride ourselves on offering trips on waters off the beaten path. Float fishing large rivers, wade fishing small streams on
private ranches, wilderness horse pack adventures and overnight river camping are all part of our bag of tricks.
4) We are one of the only outfitters in the region that uses whitewater trained guides to access several of the seldom fished canyon reaches of famous rivers
like the Yellowstone, Madison, and Boulder. We take pride in finding out of the way fishing locations that provide a true Montana angling experience.
5) Read our guest testimonials to see why we have one of the highest rates of return clients in the outfitting industry.
What do our guests have to say about
Montana Angler Fly Fishing?
"I have been fly fishing in Montana for a number
of years, always had fun, but always felt like
something was missing. After fishing with
numerous guides, we finally found Montana Angler,
and what a difference experience and education
make! They took us to places we had never seen
before: Bear Trap Canyon float trips, Yankee Jim,
the Boulder, Sitz Ranch, Willow Creek wade
fishing and more. Every day we saw different water
and had a different experience. I learned more
about Montana fishing in our first trip with them
than I had learned in all the previous years we had
come out West. These guys are dedicated, they
care, and they will put you on some monster trout.
I have the pictures to prove it!"
Bo Kirkpatrick - Birmingham, Alabama
Read more testimonials
Book your 2014
Montana fishing trip
now. Prime dates
are going fast!
Hosted Travel for
Join us in Chile for
prime dry fly fishing
the weeks of Jan 11th
and 31st at Magic
2014 Late Season
Our snowpack was
above average this
year and our rivers
have healthy flows
and will fish great in
the late summer and
Listen to our recent
Madison River Internet
NEW FOR 2014
All inclusive ranch stay
2015 Hosted Trip: Chile
Experience what Montana was like 75 years ago?
Join us in January for a trip to Patagonia for some
of the world's best dry fly fishing. With hoppers in
the open valleys and Cantara beetles in the
forests this is the ultimate destination for throwing
big dry flies to lightly pressured trout. We have
four rods left with a great package price of $4200.
We will be fishing with the highly experienced
guides at Magic Waters Lodge. Read our 2014
Chile trip report for a taste of this dream trip!
Private water fishing with Montana Angler. Our 2014
Trout TV episodes will be airing on Sunday afternoons.
Photo of the Month: return guest Gary Packer
strikes again with a big mid August 24.5" brown trout
from an undisclosed location on the Yellowstone.
Hot Fishing Update
Terrestrial fishing is in full swing right now. Many
of our off the beaten path waters are producing
epic hopper fishing. The big blue ribbon rivers still
have good flows and steady catch rates. Gulper
fishing on the lakes is peaking. Read more in our
detailed fishing reports.