Montana Fly Fishing Guides, Trips and Lodges
Why choose Montana Angler for your fly fishing vacation?
1) Our staff is composed of well educated, passionate and patient professionals. Great fishing guides are the most important ingredient to an exceptional trip!
2) We work with the regions top fly fishing lodges, hotels, and vacation rentals to help you build the perfect trip. Whether you are planning a single day outing
or a week long fly fishing vacation, we will work hard to custom design a package that matches your budget, experience level and fishing preferences.
3) We religiously scout new water and pride ourselves on offering trips on waters off the beaten path. Float fishing large rivers, wade fishing small streams on
private ranches, wilderness horse pack adventures and overnight river camping are all part of our bag of tricks.
4) We are one of the only outfitters in the region that uses whitewater trained guides to access several of the seldom fished canyon reaches of famous rivers
like the Yellowstone, Madison, and Boulder. We take pride in finding out of the way fishing locations that provide a true Montana angling experience.
5) Read our guest testimonials to see why we have one of the highest rates of return clients in the outfitting industry.
What do our guests have to say about
Montana Angler Fly Fishing?
"I have been fly fishing in Montana for a number
of years, always had fun, but always felt like
something was missing. After fishing with
numerous guides, we finally found Montana Angler,
and what a difference experience and education
make! They took us to places we had never seen
before: Bear Trap Canyon float trips, Yankee Jim,
the Boulder, Sitz Ranch, Willow Creek wade
fishing and more. Every day we saw different water
and had a different experience. I learned more
about Montana fishing in our first trip with them
than I had learned in all the previous years we had
come out West. These guys are dedicated, they
care, and they will put you on some monster trout.
I have the pictures to prove it!"
Bo Kirkpatrick - Birmingham, Alabama
Read more testimonials
Book your 2015
Montana fishing trip
now. Prime dates
are going fast!
Hosted Travel 2016
Magic Waters Lodge
Jan. 10 - SOLD
Jan. 17 - SOLD
Feb. 6 - Open
March 26 - 4 rods
Carrileufu River Lodge
Jan. 10 - Open
Jan. 17 - 2 rods
Join us Nov 6th in the
Bahamas for bonefish
on the flats
2016 Hosted Trips: Chile, Argentina,
Experience what Montana was like 75 years ago?
Join us on one of several trips to Patagonia for
some of the world's best dry fly fishing in both
Argentina and Chile. Fish giant dries to
unsophisticated trout. For a trip closer to home
we have some space trophy Bahamas bonefish.
Private water fishing with Montana Angler. Our 2014
Trout TV episodes will be airing on Sunday afternoons.
Photo of the Month: MA guide Bill Buchbauer with a
monster Madison River brown caught recently. Spring
fishing has been outstanding!
Hot Fishing Update
Ice shelves are a distant memory and fishing has
been outstanding lately on many of our local
fisheries and should only get better by the day.
For a fresh spring fishing update visit our fishing